For some it’s the hub of the home, with baking, cooking, eating and drinking all taking place in the kitchen. For others the kitchen is simply a functional room; a place to create food as quickly as possible and no more. However you use this room though, there is a style and a colour for you – here are seven kitchen ideas.
1. Bold colour use on the walls.
2. A neutral country style kitchen
3. Modern muted tones give a sense of warmth in this kitchen
4. A 1950s era, two tone kitchen
5. Not for the faint-hearted, this kitchen uses orange over dark blue to maximum effect.
6. Traditional farmhouse kitchen with smoothed brick floor and exposed beams
7. Light and bright kitchen and dining area.